Update for script to report across #ProjectOnline Project Sites for #SharePoint list data #PPM #JavaScript #Office365 #REST #OData

June 3, 2017 at 8:58 pm | Posted in Configuration, Customisation, Fixes, Functionality, Information, Reporting | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , ,

I have made a quick change to the example solution starter script to fix a common encoding issue with the EPT names. For example, if your EPT name is “R & D”, the original example solution starter script wouldn’t handle this when querying the Project OData API. It would pass in R & D when querying the OData API but the OData API call fails as it should use R %26 D. I have updated the solution starter code to handle this and encode the EPT name before querying the Project OData API. The solution starter code can be downloaded here:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Report-on-Online-list-data-f5cbf73f

If you didn’t seen the original post or solution start script before, see the post below:

https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/want-to-report-across-projectonline-project-sites-for-sharepoint-list-data-ppm-javascript-office365-rest-odata/

This script is still a solution starter and should be updated for production use to include the correct data you want, improve error handling, support the REST API pagination, split out HTML, CSS and JavaScript etc.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: