I have seen this issue a few times now in Project Server 2013 where users see the error “View Failure The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view”
Clicking OK gives another error: “You don’t have permissions to view any projects”
This isn’t the case in this example.
There are two scenarios that I know of that cause this particular issue, these are described below:
Note: My farm is in the Project Server permission mode.
For an existing user:
• Log in as User A, access the Project Center, access “View A” – all works great
• Change the permissions so that User A no longer has access to “View A” or delete “View A”
• Log in as User A, access the Project Center, User A will see the View failed to load error
For a new user – never accessed the farm before:
• Prevent access to the default Project Center “Summary” view for the Team Members Group but allow access to other Project Center views
• Create a new user (User B) that is only in the Team Members Group
• Log in as User B (a new user on the farm), access the Project Center, User B will see the View failed to load error
The ULS logs gives the following error:
Error is: GeneralSecurityAccessDenied. Details: User does not have permission to this view. . Standard Information: PSI Entry Point: Project User: i:0#.w|support\userb Correlation Id: 2f5e74c7-c751-e311-9419-00155d15d154 PWA Site URL: http://vm753/PWA SA Name: ProjectServer PSError: GeneralSecurityAccessDenied (20010), LogLevelManager Warning-ulsID:0x347A6230 has no entities explicitly specified. ea70589c-4f64-e059-ef52-a016cf63c1ed
InitViewReportInfo ViewUid:63d3499e-df27-401c-af58-ebb9607beae8 is not found. ea70589c-4f64-e059-ef52-a016cf63c1ed
The remote command PWAProjectGetProjectCenterProjectsForGridJsonRemoteCommand encountered an unexpected exception. ea70589c-4f64-e059-ef52-a016cf63c1ed
If you have removed the default Project Center Summary view, either removed access to it or deleted it (new user scenario), or removed any other Project Center views that users may have accessed last (existing user scenario), the known workaround at this point is as follows. Click the Projects Tab, select a view from the view menu then refresh the page. At this point the view will load and the Project Center will continue to load successfully.